Sunday, June 5, 2016

Tatting Owl night long...

   And so, here I am again, sharing with you, one little story from my tatting frivolite experience. If you have started any hobby in your life, you can understand the urge that I was feeling the very first night after the seminar. The urge to put in good use all the tips that I have just learned. And I say the first night, as the whole day I was preoccupied with my full time job, raising and playing and kissing and dreaming with my little prince, my baby boy.

   And while I was wondering what I will create, by honing my newly acquired tatting skills, my little prince, started to sing one very specific little kid song... 

"I'm a great big owl, as you can see
I live high up in a tree.
All the other birds wake me up when they play,
Because I like to sleep in the day"

   The rest is history, and as soon as he slept, I start searching in the net, about an owl tatting pattern. My search was not in vain, in the contrary I was rewarded with a very explanatory walk-through video in Youtube with the title IT'S TIME TO TAT! (Tatted Owls Earrings) by onevirtuouswoman.




   It is a very good video as an introduction to beginners in tatting frivolite technique, and probably thats why I used it all that night to produce not one or two earrings, but around ten owls in different colors and sizes. A complete flock by all means or maybe they have a small nest somewhere around the couch or under the tv stand...

Oh! And for some of you that will mention that some of the owls are a little larger than the rest, apart from the fact that these creations are my very first ones and I am very proud of them, you should be aware that "Female owls are larger and heavier than the males of their species." 

And as all things are said, I say goodnight to you and keep tatting!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comments, thoughts or even designs.